Everyone feels it. Everyone knows what anxiety is but how do you deal with it.
Anxiety isn’t always something easy to deal with. You feel it emotionally, physically and mentally. But you can over come it.
Tips on how to deal with anxiety:
1. Try a breathing technique:
“The 4-7-8 breathing exercise is utterly simple, takes almost no time, requires no equipment and can be done anywhere. Although you can do the exercise in any position, sit with your back straight while learning the exercise. Place the tip of your tongue against the ridge of tissue just behind your upper front teeth, and keep it there through the entire exercise. You will be exhaling through your mouth around your tongue; try pursing your lips slightly if this seems awkward.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
- Hold your breath for a count of seven.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
- This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.”
2. Pause your thoughts for a moment… this can help you bring more clarity to whatever situation you might be dealing with.
3. Ask yourself if your negative thoughts are productive. Will these thoughts help you achieve your goals ?
4. Ask for help. Reach out to a therapist or a friend. Talk about your thought process.